We research how people learn, grow, and inspire each other through play and playful experiences. We have over 40 years of combined expertise in:
- Games and learning — including STEM, social studies, SEL, & more
- Critical thinking
- Adolescent and adult development
- Cognitive and social psychology
- Education and teaching
- Games, ethics, and civics
- Games, compassion, and empathy
We can help you to:
- Establish and refine learning objectives
- Research your audience
- Develop surveys
- Run focus groups
- Devise research protocols and methodologies
- Conduct formative and summative assessments
- Write detailed evaluations of games
- Write reports, articles, whitepapers, and chapters
Selected examples of books, research articles, and whitepapers we have worked on:
We the Gamers: How Games Teach Ethics and Civics // Book on gaming, ethics, and civics learning.
Designing Ourselves: Identity, Bias, Empathy, and Game Design // Whitepaper on game jam research for ADL.
Knowledge Games: How Playing Games Can Solve Problems, Create Insight, and Make Change // Book on games, citizen science, and crowdsourcing.
Learning, Education & Games book series // Edited series on games and learning.
Reducing Bias through Gaming // Journal article on the strengths and weaknesses of using games to reduce bias.
Strengths and Limitations of Games as Empathy Machines // Whitepaper on empathy, compassion, and gaming.
For more publications and reports, see this website.